Jyotish Shastra is the oldest form of astrology, being around 7000 years ago. Here, word ‘Jyotish’ means light or heavenly and ‘Shastra’ means ‘knowledge on the particular field. It is traditional Hindu system of astrology. Earlier it was known as Hindu Astrology or Indian Astrology but now it is called Vedic Astrology.
History of Vedic Astrology
Vedic astrology is originated by Parasara Puni. It dates back to 5000Bc. Its root is in the Vedas of Hindu. Veda is derived from the root ‘Vid’, which means to know.
Meaning of Vedic Astrology
Vedic Astrology is nothing but interpreting the meaning of 12 Zodiac sings placements into 12 houses. Vedic astrology is based on a belief that life of a person can be influenced by positions of planets and other heavenly bodies.
Some misconceptions about Vedic Astrology
- Vedic Astrology is a Magic
Most of the people treat Vedic astrology as a magic or results of some paranormal activities. It’s completely wrong. Vedic astrology is based on ancient science. Main component used in Vedic astrology is a birth chart.
- It’s about horoscope
Many people enjoy reading weekly or daily horoscope. No doubt it is entertaining but astrology isn’t about horoscopes only. Astrology is a study of birth charts. Your birth charts are a blueprint of your destiny and on the bases of that your horoscope can be defined.
- It can accurately predict the future and can change it
Many people believe that with the help of Vedic astrology we can change our future, most dangerous assumption of all. Purpose of Hindu astrology is to show a path and a way to change the path if native wants.
- Learning Jyotish vidya is easy
Vedic astrology is a science, its techniques e complicated and requires deep academic studies and years of experience.
- Related to gemstones
Some people believe that by wearing gemstones they can have great benefit. Theory given by some astrologers for gemstones is, by wearing gemstones related to planets rays will alter our skin and benefit our destiny. But that’s complete myth.
- It is a business
Primary motive of Jyotish Shashtra is to benefit human beings and make journey of their life easy. Actual aim of Jyotisha is welfare of people not making money.
Most of the people believe that astrology is all about predicting future but that’s completely a myth. Also, if any native experiences failure in the predictions he doubts astrology.
If you have bad experience with any doctor, do you stop believing in medical field? Then why you stop believing in Astrology?
Learn what we should know about astrological predictions:
- Astrological predictions are not to change future of natives. No one can change the future except our karma.
- There are only 12 zodiac signs and billions of people. Forecasts or daily horoscopes are just two lines predictions. They are not the actual predictions for your days.
- Most people think astrology works only if they believe. The combinations of planets in our birth charts will still continue. They will not stop if we believe in them or not.
- Our birth charts say a lot about us but we aren’t doomed to that only. We make our life according to our belief’s thoughts and actions.