Several users are reporting the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” when they try to play a particular video on their YouTube application. This error doesn’t occur in any particular Windows version or default browser. In case you wish to fix this issue, then follow the instructions mentioned below.
Reinstall the default browser
1. Press Windows+R
2. It shall launch Run prompt.
3. After that, enter “appwiz.cpl” in the given box.
4. Click on the Enter option.
5. It will open the menu of Programs and Features.
6. In the Programs and Features menu, go down to the menu list to find the default browser, which is the reason for the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error.
7. After getting it, you need to right-click on the menu list.
8. Select the Uninstall option.
9. After that, go through the instructions mentioned on the screen.
10. You need to delete the default browser from the system.
11. You have to press on the correct option to verify.
12. After uninstalling the default browser, start the system again.
13. Start using the default browser to go the download webpage of the third party default browser.
14. Start downloading the executable installation file.
15. Go through the download URL mentioned below:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Opera Browser
16. Click on the executable installation file.
17. Go through the instructions to reinstall the default browser.
18. Go to the default browsing application.
19. Go to the YouTube video.
20. Check whether this issue is fixed or not.
Flush the DNS Cache
1. Press Windows+R. .
2. It will open the Run box.
3. After that, enter the “cmd” in the search bar.
4. Click on the Control+Shift+Enter keys.
5. It will open the Command Prompt.
6. Press on the Yes option.
7. In the Command Prompt, enter the below-mentioned command:
8. Click on the Enter option for flushing all the DNS cache.
9. Once you have got the verification text, go to the YouTube video where you are getting the “An error occurred. Please try again later. Playback ID” error.
10. Now, you need to check whether this issue is fixed or not.
Change the DNS Google Public DNS
1. Click on the Windows and R keys together.
2. It will open the Run window.
3. After that, enter “ncpa.cpl” in the given box.
4. Click on the Enter option.
5. It will open the Network Connections menu.
6. Choose the connection which you wish to configure the Google Public DNS.
7. In case you wish to complete this procedure, then you can use the wireless network for this procedure.
8. You need to right-click on the WiFi option.
9. After that, select the Properties option.
10. You have to right-click on the Ethernet option.
11. In the Wifi or Ethernet Properties option, open the Networking option.
12. Click on the settings tab.
13. It is given below the connection.
14. After that, choose the Internet Protocol Version 4 option.
15. Press on the Properties option.
16. In the Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties option, click on the General option.
17. After that, choose the toggle registered with the Use the following DNS server address option.
18. Start replacing the Preferred DNS server and the Alternate DNS server with the below-mentioned values:
19.Start the network connection again.
20. Once you have restarted the network connection, go to the default browser.
source By : lexmark printer support.